While waiting to attend a tradeshow, I caught up with former Carol Stream Chamber of Commerce member Laura Heffron, who was a sales representative for Quick Delivery in Schaumburg, Illinois. She talks about some ways to go green by using a delivery service for your local packages and freight.
In summary, you save the planet, your time and budget by…
- Eliminating the cost of purchasing and maintaining your own vehicle fleet… and the cost to hire drivers and maintenance crews.
- Eliminating your fleet of vehicles means less total vehicles on the road.
- Fewer total vehicles means less fossil fuel use, less pollution.
- During construction season in Chicago, fewer vehicles means less congestion and less drive time, as well as less emissions from idling vehicles.
- Online delivery ordering eliminates paper and staff time for paperwork.
To find out how you can make your operations greener by hiring a local delivery service, visit QuickDelivery.com.